GOAL 1: Create 1 INTERACTIVE attraction around the theme of STEM (Sicence, Technology, Engineering, or Math) to increase attendance in the Innoventions pavilion. Your intended audience is Educators and students. You could have various stations or one or 2 main stations.
Six Characteristics of a Great STEM Lesson
1. STEM lessons focus on real-world issues and problems.
2. STEM lessons are guided by the engineering design process
3. STEM lessons immerse students in hands-on inquiry and open-ended exploration
4. STEM lessons involve students in productive teamwork.
5. STEM lessons apply rigorous math and science content your students are learning.
6. STEM lessons allow for multiple right answers and reframe failure as a necessary part of learning.
Create 1 INTERACTIVE attraction around the theme of a Maker Space. Your intended audience is Educators and students. You could have various stations or one or 2 main stations
Makerspace is a constructivist and constructionist movement that is taking the world by storm! Imagine DIY meets education! Makerspace is not only a hack shop where you can go to learn how to use an arc welder for the afternoon, but an educational concept as well! A makerspace presents readily-available materials that can act as a provocation for inquiry, as well as modern technology and items to invent with.
Use the following guidelines for the one or two attractions: